Enterprise Java Beans (EJB) is a development architecture for building highly scalable and robust enterprise level applications to be deployed on J2EE compliant Application Server such as JBOSS, Web Logic etc.
Jangipur is an old town having reference from the historical period of Jahangir when a Moughal army camp was established here. The area in and around Jangipur was used as the battle field of two battles of history one between Alibardi Khan and Sarfaraj Khan. Tile system of Local Self government was in vogue in ancient India. During the Maury find Mughal periods this system was in practice in the rural and urban areas where construction and repairing of roads, supply of drinking water, public health & sanitation and education etc. were fairly operative.
When the Mughal Empire was on its wane and the Local Self governments were also at their breaking point, the English came to power, took the responsibility of restoring all these Self-government bodies. Jangipur court is one of the oldest court of British regime and the judgment of Sidhu Kanu the leaders of Santhal Revolution had taken place here.
District Board was set up in 1865 and before this Bengal Municipal Act had been passed in 1842. In 1869 Jangipur Municipal Board made its first appearance. According to B. M. Act of 1842, the ratepayers of the Municipalities were empowered to elect members on the Board. But the government-nominated members controlled the municipal affairs under the supervision of the District Magistrates 01′ the S. D. O’s one of these government officers acted as the Chairman.
From the old venerable municipal records it is found that Babu Krishnaballav Ray of Raghunathganj was made the first non-official Chairman of the Municipality in 1885.
The primary object of the then English govt. was to establish a relation between the European officials and the Indians in all public-utility services and also to train up the Local people to take initiative in the matters of public health & sanitation, education, construction and repairing of roads and so on. Gradually new metal roads were constructed. System of water supply by digging big wells, Kerosene Lamps for ‘lighting’ the roads and drainage system also were improved and extended in different areas. Culverts and banks with sluice gates to control flood which visited some parts of the municipal areas very frequently and drain out the filthy and muddy water, were constructed.Download